Humans May Not Walk Again, The Hybrids, Half Human, Half Robot!
“Paralyzed people and amputees could soon stand tall with a Segway-type personal vehicle that would allow them to go anywhere a wheelchair can go. The Chariot is being developed by Exomovere Holdings who hopes that the vehicle would be a direct competitor of scooters and wheelchairs marketed toward elderly, disabled and obese people. More importantly, it’s like a pair of wheeled cybernetic legs that snap on over your own legs, which is pretty rad.
Like a Segway, the Chariot uses directional movements of the user’s body to move it around. In this case, subtle torso and hip movements would tell the Chariot which way the driver wants to go while his hands and arms stay free to do other things.
Exomovere hopes to incorporate a whole slew of other features into the Chariot, like biomedical monitors, environmental sensors and wireless connectivity. The Chariot isn’t being produced for sale yet, but Exomovere is looking for a vehicle company to get on board with the idea and help them refine and market it.”
[As published on gajitz.com]
1 Comment + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Future Celebrity Posters To Interact When Kissed!
- Laster Technologies’ Smart Spectacles
- Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Motorola Razr Maxx
- Tokyo's Flying Girl!
- Talk to Your Vacuum Cleaner as "She" Does The Job!
- The Privacy Glasses (Do It Yourself)!
- The top 10 hackers of all time
- Steampunk Telephone: 1890 Called, They Want Their Phone Back!
- The Coat TV!