Never run out of batteries again, your body is the mobile battery!
These days , we all are looking for renewable energy sources and solutions such as wind power, solar energy or Generating Energy From Sea Waves…but did you know that you can use your own body heat a san ultra-portable power source?!
It’s True! What once was Science Fiction or Fantasy have now become true! Perpetua Power Source Technologies, Inc has made a unique thermo-electric energy device integrated into wearable form such as wristbands or clothing. It’s a small TEGwear™ chip that can convert body heat into electric energy via a transducer or a thermo-electric generator, using the same technology used in solar panels.
TEGwear-powered devices are still in development and won’t hit the market until 2014. The company will demo the device on a new Swatch Touch watch at the annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this month. The result: a single, square-inch TEGwear chip generates enough power (up to 3 volts) to power anything from the accelerometer in your pedometer to the wireless headset for your smartphone. It’s also partnered with several private companies to develop body-powered smartphone accessories (like headsets), health-monitoring devices (such as wearable heart-rate monitors), and military applications (like monitoring a soldier’s vital signs and location while on a combat mission).
1 Comment + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Qbo Robot Passes Mirror Test, Must see video!
- 'Hone app' لا تضيع مفاتيحك بعد الآن مع
- Cheapest Car On Earth, Electroplated with 80kg of Gold! أرخص سيارة في العالم ولكن.. مطلية بـ80 كيلوجرام من الذهب
- حرب الكهرباء، عندما تصبح لعبة مورتال كومبات حقيقة في ايرلندا
- Simroid Dental Training Humanoid, The Humanoid Robot Patient!
- فندق الملح في بوليفيا
- Fake Window/Bright Blind
- Trucker Cap Measures How Awake Drivers Are!
- TV Backlight -usb powered- DIY